EMAIL US AT [email protected]
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE 2024 ORATORY CONTEST!
Greater Chattanooga Right to Life hosts a regional oratory contest each Spring that promotes the ability of teens organize and express their pro-life views and learn to defend their position when talking about the pro-life cause. Winners advance to state and national competitions!
1st Place: $150 plus expenses to state contest
2nd Place: $100
3rd Place: $50
State and National Prizes up to $1000
High school students who are residents of Tennessee are eligible to participate in the Greater Chattanooga Right to Life Oratory Contest. Tennessee Right to Life chapters across the state sponsor contests. Students should participate in the contest nearest them.
Grades 9-12 are eligible to participate in both local and the state contests.
Students in grades 11-12 are eligible to advance to the national level, per National Right to Life Committee guidelines.
Guidelines and Rules
Contestants research, write and present an original speech on one of the following topics:
- Euthanasia / Assisted Suicide
- Stem Cell Research
- Speeches are to be 5-7 minutes in length. Disqualification will occur at the state and national levels if the speech is under 4 or over 8 minutes in length.
- Props should not be used in the presentation.
- When statistics are used, the most current information available should be used.
- Contestants are encouraged to memorize their speeches at the local level. Speeches are required to be memorized for both the state and national levels.
Contact us with questions or to register.